Excel Group – Greater Toronto Area, ON
If you want to be part of something big in the exciting and dynamic world of global telecommunications, come and join our team!
The Network Specialist will be responsible for 1) Maintaining a stable network environment. 2) Installing and configuring wireline networks 3) Network design and implementation. The ideal candidate will possess excellent people skills and a high attention to detail. The senior network specialist will be responsible for leading a team of technicians.
- Managing staff, scheduling and prepare closing documentation for customers. Work with PMs to keep projects up to date.
- Installation, testing and maintenance of Data centre /Central office /Hub/ Cell site telecommunications equipment and power systems.
- Structured cabling including: Fiber, coaxial, DC power cabling.
- Installation of network servers & switches, routers, transport, BBU and GPS installation.
- Planning, installation, test, commissioning and removal of BDFB’s (Battery Distribution Feeder Bay), DC cabling, DC fuse panel, AC & DC circuit-breaker, liquid cell batteries and power rectifiers.
- Basic commissioning of Ciena, Nokia, Ribbon and Fujitsu equipment. Testing of new circuits for transport operations networks, Fiber Channel, RFC and BERT. OTDR and Fiber Characterization testing.
- Perform live maintenance windows to new or existing equipment during night time hours.
- 2+ years field experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude: working with hand tools, power tools. Specialty tools: fiber splicers, Exfo and Viavi test gear.
- General knowledge of equipment in Datacentre/Cable/Cell Site
- Knowledge of ancillary equipment used in telecom installations, including but not limited to cables, connectors, steel work and other consumables that are used on a daily basis.
- Flexible and adaptable. Demonstrate the capability to be able to multi-task and accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis.
- Able and willing to travel as required for varying periods of time, occasionally with short (2-3 days) notice.
- Ability to interpret telecommunication Blueprints, schematics and specifications and able to install equipment as per customer design.
- Interact with customer on-site personnel on job specific activities.
- Regular hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Flexible to work both day and night shifts as required.
- Job sites all over southern Ontario, GTA, GTA East and West, York region and Ottawa.
- HQ located in Etobicoke, Ontario.
- All extra COVID-19 PPEs provided, maintaining distance on job sites.
Working with Excel
Excel offers a generous and competitive employee benefits package including:
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
About Excel Group Inc.
Founded in 2001, Excel provides our customers across Canada a full turnkey service offering including material management, network design, engineering, deployment, integration, and network maintenance. As one of Canada’s leading and most trusted Network Services and Solutions providers, Excel delivers a broad spectrum of industry-leading and best-in-class design, infrastructure, and connectivity solutions.
How to Apply.
Email your resume to us at email@example.com